Recovering from alcoholism and learning how to let go
Roland T. describes his childhood as chaotic. The biggest struggle he faced was his father’s alcoholism. When he drank he would get angry and Roland never knew what to expect. As a result, he was often fearful and anxious.
You might think that he would steer clear of alcohol, but as a teenager, Roland discovered it was a way to escape reality. That is until reality caught up with him several years later. Now in recovery, he shares his story so that others may learn from his experiences and begin their own recovery journeys.
Listen to the podcast episode with Roland T.
Where else you can find and subscribe to the Catching Your Memories podcast (Be sure to leave a rating and a review!)
- Apple Podcasts
- Search for Catching Your Memories on your favorite podcast app
Read the transcript of this episode
- AA meetings around the world
- AA meetings in Maine
- Meeting Guide app
- Al-Anon (International)
- Al-Anon in Maine
- Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACA)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness/Maine (NAMI Maine)
- Support Groups/NAMI Maine
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) National Hotline 1-800-662-HELP (4357) (also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service)
- TTY: 1-800-487-4889
- Maine Statewide Crisis LineCall or text 1 (888) 568-1112